Thursday 7 July 2011

Rain

I'm British and proud of it :D

OK not crazy, flag waving, t shirt wearing, slogan shouting, umbrella toting proud but closet proud.
So its a good thing that i love the rain.
Its a common joke that in the UK it rains all the time and well yes the majority of the year it does.
The past few weeks the weather has been well odd.

Blazing hot, earth scorching heat 
and then torrential down pour.



As i work full time i find it very annoying when its sunny as I'm stuck inside. Especially when customers come in and say things like 'I'ts so hot outside' or 'It's so nice outside' 
Yes i know hahahaha make fun of the girl working inside all day that now has to serve your fat ass that really shouldn't be wearing a tank top or legging's instead of trousers. HATE THAT! 
Legging's are never an excuse to not wear a skirt or trousers. They are not an alternative. 
Anyway I'm getting side tracked. 

So you could say I'm not a fan of the heat and sun. I'm very pail too so i always burn even with factor 50+ sun tan lotion. and even then i don't tan i go red back to white again, with lots of freckles. Which i don't mind. They are beautiful and as my grandma always told me 'Every freckle is from where an angel kissed you' so apparently I'm the angel version of crack :D
But then the heat is broken but the wonderful phenomenon of rain. It changes everything.
The smell of the rain and the wet earth is intoxicating ( i hate the smell of rain in built up areas aka London), the trees collect and thrive on it, the world is distorted into this magical shimmering place, even rainbows are caused by the rain. I love it all. Especially walking in the rain. Its refreshing and always makes me feel better. 

There is also the wonderful thing of sitting inside watching  the rain with a cup of hot chocolate wrapped in a blanket, which is even better if your drenched and are slowly warming up. LOVE IT!   

Rain i have found will also cause adults to revert back into children, jumping into massive puddles. 

So walk, dance, run in the rain. It amazing, and you never know how many times you'll get to do it again.

Love out :D

1 comment:

  1. I love rain if it doesn't have thunder and lightning and I get to walk in it.

    ReplyDelete